Barrick Gold Corporation
JOB ADVERT – BUYER (01 VACANCY)
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Buyer to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Supply Department by managing procurement of all goods and services ensuring that they comply with necessary operational requirements and technical specifications. Manage all intended and existing contracts entered into by the mine, ensuring that competitive and fair tender or bid processes are followed in accordance with the policies and procedures of both the mine and the Mining Local Content Regulations, and ensuring that the contracting terms are recorded and adhered to
- Procure goods and services in accordance with customer and operational requirements as per Barrick’s Policy, Procedures and Code of Ethics.
- Ensure that quality products are purchased and delivered to Site within the required time frame with the lowest possible total cost of ownership through collaboration with Supply Chain Partner.
- Ensures Compliance with the requirements of the Mining Local Content
- Regulations and engagement with the Mining Commission in line with agreed reporting and engagements
- Ensures Clarification of technical details with the end user and Supply Partner.
- Liaise with user departments over material requirements, and major shutdowns; support the buying and follow up on project equipment and materials.
- Work hand in hand with the Inventory and Warehouse sections to ensure that there are no stock outs or any financial loss to the Company due to quality or supply problems.
- Investigate and follow up resolution on all Non-Conformances and discrepancies associated with purchase orders.
- Assists with the investigation and resolution of all invoice mismatches associated with orders.
- Interpret technical data from core business, and relay this to the supply partners.
- Collaborate with Supply Partner in engaging Local to Mine Potential Suppliers.
- Monitor the material process and adjust schedules.
- Ensure the timely conversion of requisitions to purchase orders.
- Identify potential savings opportunities and takes appropriate action.
- Ensures order confirmation with Suppliers, and correctness of delivery dates updated in Computer System.
- Develop and maintain relationships with both internal customers and external suppliers.
- Records and maintains required hard copy and electronic files accurately and ensure compliance to the Standards and Procedures
- Ensures Information Confidentiality.
- Ensures that all contracts and documents are organized and filed according to the standing procedures.
- Ensure cost management and optimization in the department by maintaining expenditure within the budget; and maintains the practice of wastage reduction.
- Ensures that the company’s Policies and Procedures are observed in all undertakings.
- Responsible for KPI reporting and feed back to end users regarding orders.
- Performs any other tasks related to the overall objective of the position or Supply Chain Department as assigned by the respective Leader.
- Degree/Diploma in Procurement/Supply Chain Management
- Procurement and Supplies Professionals Board will be added advantage.
- 2 years’ experience in a Purchasing role in Mining Environment.
- 3 years’ experience in Supply Chain Management
Skills / knowledge requirements:
- Planning Skills
- Excellent administrative and commercial skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Good interpersonal skills and assertiveness
- Good working knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook and ERP systems
ABOUT THE TEAM
Bulyanhulu is situated in north-west Tanzania, in the Kahama district of the Shinyanga region, approximately 55 kilometres south of Lake Victoria and 150 kilometres southwest of the city of Mwanza.
Bulyanhulu is a narrow-vein gold mine containing gold, silver and copper mineralisation in sulphides. The mineralisation of Bulyanhulu is associated with a number of steeply-dipping veins. Bulyanhulu commenced commercial production in 2001.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com.