Ipsos is the third largest market research company in the world with operations in over 90 countries including Tanzania and employing over 18,000 market research professionals who are passionately curious about Society, Markets and People . Our tagline “Game Changers”
summarizes our ambition: to provide a true understanding of Society, Markets and People
The Business Development Manager is responsible for driving the business growth and revenue for Ipsos through identifying new business opportunities and building and maintaining successful relations with existing and prospective clients under the Audience Measurement Service Line.
This role encompasses directly overseeing, coordinating, developing and executing the business development activities for the service line. It also involves maintaining client relationship excellence, driving growth and value creation for the portfolio of clients, bringing to clients the best of Ipsos and being the “Voice of the Client” among Ipsos teams.
The role also includes managing and leading the Audience Measurement Team in terms of business development, efficiency in cost and quality deliverables, innovation, staff continuity, capacity, and research. This function takes on both a business development and management role as well as a technical role. The management role includes the building and managing of a team of Audience Measurement professionals and the management of all aspects of Audience Measurement projects.
Strategy formulation & implementation:
- Develop business strategies in collaboration with the business unit teams within Ipsos.
- Responsible for the execution of business development activities as specified in the strategic plan.
- Collaborate with other research teams across the country and SSA to develop and execute targeted marketing strategies to support business development initiatives.
- Assessing client’s readiness for new concepts and products and new product development
- Analyze and report on key metrics and performance indicators to evaluate the success of business development efforts.
- Manage the opportunity pipeline and report progress to the Country Manager and Chief Growth Officer for regional and globally managed clients.
- Ensure quality of information in the CRM system.
- Overall Accountability for achieving revenue targets for each client of the portfolio.
Business Growth and Revenue Generation
- Responsible for ensuring a continuous revenue stream and ensuring that the annual Service Line revenue target is achieved
Brand Building Initiatives
- Ensure that the target market interacts with the Ipsos brand regularly through various initiatives which include articles, speaking opportunities, interactive sessions, etc
- Represent the company at industry events, conferences, and networking opportunities to promote our products and services to existing and new clients.
Client Relationship Management
- Understand the client sector, context and strategic/growth questions the client is facing.
- Build the long term vision for the client, identifying the client’s growth agenda, client priorities, client power map, competitive landscape, and Ipsos value proposition.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree with upper second class honours in PR & Advertisement, marketing, mass communication, business administration or other related courses or a minimum of 10 years
- relevant research experience at the executive level
- A master’s degree is an advantage.
- At least 5 years experience in Media Research at the executive level
- Proven revenue generation experience
- Client industry knowledge
- Business and commercial acumen
- Risk management
- Client obsession and passion for growth
- Ability to collaborate in an international environment
- Multi stakeholder relationship management
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please submit your application and CV detailing your experience for the post and include daytime telephone contacts to;
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 14th February 2024