The Manager, Business Devlopment will work with partners, foundations, corporations, and governments to build and expand the country program portfolio revenue to deliver on Pathfinder’s mission and sustain strong country operations
- Build a pipeline of Tanzania-based donors and pursue fundraising/revenue sources across government, corporate, foundation, individual, and other donors.
- Develop overall strategy for how funds will be sourced and developing proactive outreach strategies, in coordination with the country director and global BD team. Plan should include strategies to engage new donors (traditional and non-traditional).
- Work with the technical and country team to identify gaps in the funding portfolio for out years and support the development of proactive concept papers that are marketable to donors
- Assists in conceptualizing program activities for the country program portfolio. Liaises with institutional, private sector, and individual giving programs on building new donor relationships and generating new program opportunities.
- Build and qualify pipeline of Tanzania corporate and Individual Tanzania donors. Engage in and be responsible for all aspects of the donor development cycle donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgment, and stewardship.
- Supports Country Director in donor engagement opportunities and visibility opportunities, including scheduling high value meetings, logistics, donor briefs, pitch decks, and others as needed.
Visibility and Landscape Analysis
- Develops local and global material to showcase Pathfinder’s project and country program impact to position Pathfinder for expanded work within the country and across the region. Coordinates with local and global communications to ensure that all stakeholders are kept current with information on Pathfinder’s programs and impact in the country and worldwide, through successful collaboration with global Communications.
- Schedule high value meetings and events in Tanzania to grow Pathfinder’s name recognition and highlight impact of our programs to key institutional and individual funding audiences.
- Stays current on the competitive landscape and donor intelligence at the country level for Pathfinder’s sectoral interests. Evaluates comparative strengths and weaknesses and complementarities of organizations working in the region through a market analysis.
- Stays abreast of Pathfinder programs and achievements and provides advice on engagement with local donor representatives, as well as assist with global donor communication in coordination with Global BD and the country director.
- Build a detailed landscape of strategic local partners, assessing their comparative strengths and capacities for possible inclusion in the country program’s proposal and business development initiatives. Develops scopes of work and teaming agreements with local partners. Works with Global BD to evaluate roles and Scope of Work for global level partners.
- Maintains a resource library of positioning documents, including revising and updating capability statements, strategy documents and others that can be shared with partners and donors as required
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.