AB InBev Africa
Dreaming big is in our DNA. It’s who we are as a company. It’s our culture. It’s our heritage. And more than ever, it’s our future. A future where we’re always looking forward. Always serving up new ways to meet life’s moments. A future where we keep dreaming bigger. We look for people with passion, talent, and curiosity, and provide them with the teammates, resources and opportunities to unleash their full potential. The power we create together – when we combine your strengths with ours – is unstoppable. Are you ready to join a team that dreams as big as you do?
The key responsibilities for this role is to manage the Brewery Control staff to complete projects and day to day execution of the team. VILC Leads ensures that costs for the company’s products and services are allocated according to corporate procedures and in compliance financial accounting standards. Oversees the cost control systems, manages and interprets cost audits, and prepares cost accounting reports for presentation to top management.
Key outputs and responsibilities:
- Oversee Brewery Controllers & execution of Controlling activity.
- Provide management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting the cost and profitability of products.
- Calculate Inventory reserve monthly based on aging inventory.
- Work with supply chain to develop or better understand existing metrics and KPIs that influence financial performance.
- Review work order variances with the production team.
- Assists in the annual budgeting process.
- Assist month-end close of general ledger.
- Analyze and report variances on work orders for manufacturing and fabrication.
- Partner with Supply chain/production/branches to train SAP users on proper movement types.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by management.
- Direct the development and implementation of accounting and operational procedures and processes.
- Analyze costs of materials, processes and labor to determine opportunities and methods for reduction of production and inventory costs.
- Analyze complex data and identify patterns, recommend actions, and measure outcomes.
- Develop and/or update accounting and operational process and procedures documentation around the inventory management and costing processes.
Key attributes and competencies:
- Knowledge or experience in using sound judgment within broadly defined practices and policies.
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Strong Excel skills, especially advanced financial modeling and analytical techniques.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently.
- Excellent analytical skills; strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to streamline and automate complex processes.
- Manage direct staff including scheduling, planning, assigning, and directing work; identifying and resolving problems.
- Oversee the physical inventory program including monitoring and reporting the results of cycle and full counts.
- Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles & Cost Accounting Standards.
- Track record of working in cross functional organizations and leading a team.
- Bachelor’s degree required, business degree preferred, Advance degree or professional certification preferred.
- 5-8+ years cost accounting experience required, CPA or CMA preferred.
- Band V/VI TBC
AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality. Internal applicants require Line manager approval. Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for short-listing. Interested candidates who meet the above specifications may apply no later than the closing date.