AB InBev Africa
Dreaming big is in our DNA. It’s who we are as a company. It’s our culture. It’s our heritage. And more than ever, it’s our future. A future where we’re always looking forward. Always serving up new ways to meet life’s moments. A future where we keep dreaming bigger. We look for people with passion, talent, and curiosity, and provide them with the teammates, resources and opportunities to unleash their full potential. The power we create together – when we combine your strengths with ours – is unstoppable. Are you ready to join a team that dreams as big as you do?
The key purpose of this role is the safe operation of one or more discrete processes in Brewing & (e.g. Wort Cooling, Yeast Management, Filtration Quality at source), the execution of maintenance tasks, quality control checks and analyses, and the coaching of fellow team members to produce a consistent product of the right quality at optimum cost.
Key outputs and responsibilities:
Plant and Process
- Optimise Plant & Process Performance where appropriate
- Operate the Brew house Plant and Process
- Operate Fermentation Plant and Process
- Operate Filtration Plant and Process
- Performing housekeeping tasks, applying 5s principles and following safe work practices
- Unsafe work practices must be identified and corrected.
- Support the creation (drafting and documenting) of standard work procedures (including quick fix routines and problems)
Quality control and analysis
- Carry out the required quality +checks and analyses, and recording the results on the appropriate information system
- Where quality problems have arisen, apply the appropriate problem solving techniques (e.g. Quick fix routines) to resolve
- Escalate any identified or unresolved problems to Team Leader.
- Actively participate in meetings and goal reviews.
- Utilise the checklist to record issues, problems and improvement opportunities.
- Fully understanding the team goals and participating in team goal review sessions.
- Making use of relevant communication media (e.g. shift logbook) to stay informed and inform others of issues.
- Complete required hand over to incoming shift team members, ensuring the issues relating to plant performance, quality, Maintenance are communicated.
- Complete autonomous maintenance tasks problem-solving activities
- Respond rapidly to upstream or downstream triggers that could result in out of control process situations
- Apply problem solving techniques (e.g. 5Y, quick fix routines etc.) to identify and correct problems
Work In Teams
- Develop others in own skills as well as the learning of the skills of other specialist Brewery Technicians
- Be a logical, analytical problem solver who can operate in an unstructured environment
- A team player (prepared to communicate, listen and assist)
- Demonstrate Initiative and energy
- Achievement Drive (improvement, do better than standard or what was done previously, be the best)
Be available to work flexible hours (outside of normal office hours and sometimes over the weekends) to meet production
- Dip/Degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Food Science
- Basic PC Literacy (Microsoft)
- Problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work shifts
- Band: XI
TBL/ABInBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in line with TBL/ABInBev employment equity plan and talent requirements.
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/ relevant information as criteria for short-listing.
To apply for this job please visit wd1.myworkdaysite.com.