- Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Contract type: National employment contract
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation is a not- for- profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago and we have built a long- term, local presence in 24 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their income and gain accesses to basic services empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
The Assistant Finance Officer Planning, Control and Reporting is an aggregate role, the below will be the incumbent performs tasks;
- Monitoring project depletion, ensure compliance with donor and country budget.
- Monitoring project gross contribution to ensure it is in line with the FCR.
- Support head of the unit in preparation of donor reports
- Participate in project monitoring.
- Support head of the unit support BD budgeting and the FCR
- Drafting Project administration Memo (PAM) send MDM for project creation in system.
- Support Head of unit in providing comments on the Country Finance report
- Sending invoices to all customers (for donors)
- Review and posting partners/business champions retirements begore posting then in the system.
- Support project partners to ensure compliance with Country laws and donor requirements.
- Support project performance monitoring
- Posting of donor invoicing (as soon as the report is accepted by the donor)
- Assist in coordinating both Internal and external audit exercises.
- Review and check data within specific administration, such as inventory take and clearing for month end closure, and correct mistakes and deficiencies conform administrative procedures, identify bottlenecks and address to supervisor policy.
- Document and archive all relevant back up documentation, keep files complete and up to date and maintain quality and accessibility of archive and files, conform administrative procedures and filing procedures.
Information management and reporting
- Maintain relevant databases, systems and intranet sites, provide regular management overviews and data, such as budget depletion reports, in line with the reporting needs and agreements on timing and formats
Provision of information
- Receive questions and requests for information from colleagues and external parties, provide answers in own area of expertise, and cascade requests to higher level in case of lack of clarity or to high complexity, conform communication procedures and guidelines and agreements with manager.
- Maintain and reconcile bank accounts, post invoices, travel expenses and/or advances.
Projects and improvements
- Participate in relevant project by providing input based on own work processes and experiences, identify improvement areas in work processes and, with approval of manager, implement improvements in these
- University degree or Advance diploma in accounting
- Minimum 2-3 years working as in finance preferably for an NGO
- Sound general business practice and experience, able to work autonomously and in a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and a collaborative management style
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Multi-tasking, analytical and quick to act.
- Organization skills and time management – professional approach to personal time planning and respect for deadlines;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in english
- Team player, effective interpersonal and coordination skills
- Computer literate with high degree of proficiency and productivity
- Able to work comfortably and effectively with or without supervision, either at own initiative or under direction
Languages: Fluent in english and kiswahili
Duty station: Dar es Salaam
Desired Start Date:1st July 2023
How to Apply:
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV, letter of motivation, salary history for the last two to three years and copies of your certification. The vacancy is for internal and external candidate and it will active up to 25th May 2023 and all applications should be through Smart Recruiters on the following link https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/SNV
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement and only the selected candidate will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.