This entry level administrative assistant, while maintaining strict confidentiality, collaborates with teammates to perform support duties such as sorting documents, filing records, event services setup support, tracking purchases and the status of orders, generating reports and deliveries and assisting staff or department in performing other clerical tasks requiring basic knowledge of systems or procedures. May directly support a manager or director.Responsibilities
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate to raise the awareness of the needs of children. Understands Christ’s mandate to protect children. Commits to and prioritizes child protection considerations in all decision-making, tasks and activities across the ministry. Abides by all behavioral expectations in Compassion’s Statement of Commitment to Child Protection and Code of Conduct. Reports any concerns of abuse, neglect or exploitation of children through Compassion’s internal reporting process and appropriately supports responses to incidents if they occur.
- As a seasoned team member, answers questions, explain processes, and correspond with people concerning specialized information within the assigned department or work group.
- Schedules meetings, prepares agendas, records meeting minutes, coordinates travel arrangements, itineraries, and welcomes and hosts visitors.
- Performs administrative support work such as answering phones, entering and retrieving electronic data, or sorting and distribute mail.
- Draft and/or proofread documents or forms and other correspondence such as official company records, external letters, and government filings, which may be confidential in nature.
- May perform light manual labor such as delivering office supplies, arranging chairs, and setting up refreshments or brochures and displays.
- May communicate with staff in other countries to facilitate processing of information or work product, follow-up on accuracy and process compliance, ensure clear understanding between functions, as well as serve on project teams.
- The assistant may assist in the creation, tracking, and reporting for the department or work group supported and may administer ongoing basic programs and processes.
- May order supplies or services, arrange for shipping or transportation, or provide other logistical services in accordance with standard practices and policies. May provide document recording or authentication services as required.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion’s core “Cultural Behaviors” in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree Business Administration/Management or related
- Two years Relevant experience working in an administrative position. Understanding or proficiency in the area supported may be required.
- Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above
- Office – Standard Office Environment
- Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
- May be required for this role