The USAID-funded Maji na Usafi wa Mazingira (MUM) project in Tanzania, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development, is currently accepting expressions of interest for an Admin and Finance Officer. This position will be located in the MUM office in Sumbawanga.
Position Description/Summary: The Admin and Finance Officer ensures smooth running of the Sumbawanga office by coordinating operational and administrative activities between staff in Sumbawanga, including ensuring that guests and vendors are supported, and that procurement and finance departments are kept informed of office supply, logistical, meeting events, and travel needs. The Officer ensures compliance of Employee Manual and standard operating procedures, filing policy, company policies and USAID regulations. The Officer also coordinates effectively and professionally with the project management team and home office.
* Under the oversight of the Administrative Manager, lead recruitment process for all project staff, including employees and consultants. Track and coordinate all stages of recruitment, from advertisement through onboarding, to ensure timely action and compliance with Tetra Tech policies and procedures.
* Responsible for managing office petty cash and developing and maintaining petty cash reports in sub office Sumbawanga.
* Responsible for the sub office micro purchases, including office stationery, toners, and kitchen supplies.
* Manage all sub office inventory as assigned to staff in coordination with Administrative Manager.
* Responsible for the day-to-day management of the MUM sub office in Sumbawanga, ensuring orderliness.
* Establish good relationships with all service providers in sub office Sumbawanga. Serve as a primary liaison with office landlord and control maintenance needs.
* Responsible for ensuring the timely provision and delivery of all logistical support to the operation of the Sumbawanga office including organizing meetings, workshops, etc.
* Coordinate with the Administrative Manager in Iringa on staff travel tracker in sub office Sumbawanga, oversee the travel schedules, and verify authorizations required for the travel process as well as maintaining the supporting documentation in files for all trips. Monitor and ensure compliance with Tetra Tech’s Travel Policy and procedures.
* Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective Sumbawanga office information systems including both hard copies and soft copies of files.
* Coordinate with the Administrative Manager in Iringa on the status of IT equipment and general computer systems in the Sumbawanga office; help staff to enable effective communication. Ensure all staff are connected to networked computer systems.
* Supervises the work of the 2 Project Drivers based in Sumbawanga Office + 1 Project Driver based in Njombe office, including maintaining their schedules on a shared calendar and movements are coordinated effectively with all departments for daily needs of the project activities.
* Ensures that supervisee Drivers submit properly completed travel reports and travel expense reports for liquidation and payment.
* Other duties as assigned by the Director of Administration and Finance.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting, finance, business administration, or other relevant discipline and 3 years’ experience in relevant field, OR 8 years’ experience of relevant work.
* Experience in office management, information technology management or similar. Experience working in a similar position for an international organization is preferred. Experience working on recruitment is preferred.
* Working knowledge of English, both written and spoken. Ability to communicate fluently and effectively both verbally and in writing in English and Kiswahili.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues. Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team. Must also be able to create a supportive working relationship among all project teams.
* Tactfulness, enthusiasm for the job. Good Human Relations skills, integrity, and ability to work under pressure.
To be considered, please submit the following:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered Please ensure that only the requested documents noted above are submitted. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Tetra Tech International Development is committed to safeguarding and technical excellence in equality and social inclusion. Our team of dedicated Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion (GYSI) advisers work closely with our staff and partners to share international norms and best practices to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalized groups. Tetra Tech International Development is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives that aim to expand inclusion and an authentic sense of belonging to all our staff regardless of background.
To apply for this job please visit tetratech.referrals.selectminds.com.